Hi,
we have server with Debian 6.0 squeeze and there we have Firebird 2.5.2
(superclassic) which sometimes hangs and I don't know why.
So my idea was to install there FB 2.5.6.
I downloaded FB 2.5.6 superclassic i686 (debian is amd64 but previous
firebird seems to be i686 so I decided to continue using i686) tar.gz,
extracted it and executed install.sh.
I think I was quite successful. I didn't make backups of *.fdb files, I only
copied older security2.fdb into /opt/firebird and copied some init script
from /opet/firebird/misc into /etc/init.d
My PHP webapges work well, my Python apps work well, FlameRobin works well.
The only problem I have with some old C programs running on the same server,
precompiled via GPRE utility.
These C apps fail for example on then line (just example) EXEC SQL FETCH cur
_al...:

int i, id, status;

EXEC SQL CONNECT DB USER '...' PASSWORD '...';
EXEC SQL SET TRANSACTION READ WRITE WAIT ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED;

EXEC SQL DECLARE cur_al CURSOR FOR SELECT id_blabla, status FROM blabla;

EXEC SQL OPEN cur_al;
while(SQLCODE == 0) {
    EXEC SQL FETCH cur_al INTO :id, :status;
    if (SQLCODE == 0) { ... }
}

EXEC SQL CLOSE cur_al;

It throws error -901 and messages "Unsuccessful execution caused by system
error that does not preclude successful execution of subsequent statements"
and "request synchronization error".

I'm not author of these C apps and I'm not very skilled in C on linux, I
only found some Makefile so I tried run "make". But it didn't help.

What should I try? Should I look somewhere for some libraries?

The most interesting for me is that when I download and install FB 2.5.5 or
2.5.4 (I must admit that upgrading/downgrading firebird inside 2.5.x is
quite easy) then these C apps seems to work correctly. (?) Is there any
explanation for this?

=
  • [firebird-support] ... ehmmm.fireb...@seznam.cz [firebird-support]