> Hello,
>
> I am deleting user connected with:
> DELETE FROM MON$ATTACHMENTS WHERE MON$ATTACHMENT_ID = :ID_CONNECTION;
>
> I need to use POST_EVENT in order to notify user that he has been disconnected
> but don't found a trigger for MON$ATTACHMENTS to do it.  Can you please help
> me
> ?
> Thanks

As Sean has mentioned, when you "delete" the attachment, your "communication
channel" back to the user is basically gone.

What you could do is to:
* Run a stored procedure with the POST_EVENT
* Wait X minutes
* Execute the DELETE FROM MON$ATTACHMENTS statement

The main problem here is that your "administration connection" need to post an
event isolated to the targeted user, e.g. by including something unique for the
user in the event name and the client application has proper events registered.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

  • [firebird-su... m_brahi...@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fi... 'Leyne, Sean' s...@broadviewsoftware.com [firebird-support]
    • [firebi... respekt...@post.cz [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]