Den 2018-07-31 kl. 10:44, skrev trueriver river14ap...@gmail.com
[firebird-support]:
> I am used to creating tables and users and even databases by typing
> SQL into a command line client.
>
> Forgive me if I am missing some clue in the documention but there I
> have not found anything about how to do that for firebird 3.0
>
> FlameRobin composes create table SQL for you and you fill in the gaps,
> but I want to just type it in at a prompt, as in Oracle, Mysql,
> Mariadb and loads of other DBMSs I have used over the years
>
> I can see that FlameRobin is a gentler learning curve for newcomers
> but when you know SQL (and can adapt to the inconsistent way it's
> implemented) it feels so clunky to keep having to swap from mouse to
> keyboard

ISQL has been mentioned and found, I know. I just wanted to mention that
there's absolutely nothing in FlameRobin that would force you to let
FlameRobin compose SQL for you. You just open an SQL query window and
write your ad hoc SQL there.

I never use the SQL generation capabilities (except to extract DDL for
existing objects on occasion). I always write my SQL manually, as you
would in ISQL.

The benefits, as I see it, are the object trees, command history, data
grid, CSV export, log output with stats, syntax highlighting, etc. That
said, I wish they would bring FlameRobin up to fully support Firebird
3.0 (and fix some other issues).

Regards,
Kjell Rilbe

  • [firebir... trueriver river14ap...@gmail.com [firebird-support]