Hello,

 We have hundreds of Firebird SQL 2.5 running at customers site (shops) with
limited Internet bandwidth. The application is a POS system.
 For backup we use incremental NBAK and send the N file to a remote host which
are restored on the server to display sale statistics etc.

 When restoring a database with GBAK the backup history in RDB$BACKUP_HISTORY
is gone.
 Are we forced to restart NBAK or can somehow the N backup files on the remote
host be reused and continue the incremental backup?

 Another thought. We have plan to migrate to FB 4 when it's released.
 To upgrade here also a GBAK has to preformed and restored in FB 4.
 The question here is also if the database files on the remote host can be
"upgraded" and continue the incremental backup?

 The database file on sites is hundreds om MB and we rather not restart the
incremental backup.

 I appreciate any advice on this issue.

 BR,
 Hugo Larson

 PS. Anyone has a clue about a release date for FB4?

  • [firebird-support... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
      • Re: [fir... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
        • Re: ... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]