On 2018-09-13 14:04, hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thank for the explanation.
>
> What about restoring (GBAK) both databases at a particular moment then
> they should be even "physically" identical at that moment? At this
> moment it's level 0.
> But then you have tell the source db where level 1 starts. Maybe by
> inserting something in RDB$BACKUP_HISTORY?

Not necessarily, you'd have to rely on a gbak restore to be fully
deterministic on a byte level, and that is not guaranteed. Consider
restores with different page sizes, but even different ICU versions,
OS/platform differences, and other things might lead to the same logical
data to have slightly different on disk layout.

> My strategy is to never repeat level 0 and increment level every third
> day. Have done this for a while and it seems to work.

Do you mean you increase the back up level continuously?

Mark
  • [firebird-support... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
      • Re: [fir... hugo.lar...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]