On 13/03/2019 14:01, Steve Wiser st...@specializedbusinesssoftware.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> We have used tesseract-ocr
It can be quite amazing what one misses even searching for something
specific. This has thrown up a couple of add-ons that look interesting
as well. Just have to fight SUSE to get them installed ... just a pity
once again it's google who are funding things ... now to see if I can
get ocrfeeder package for suse!

> lucene (plus firebird for the index data)
> for this in the past.  It works pretty well, but not completely out of
> the box -- you will have to tweak the image a bit.
I've looked at lucene in the past and did have a trial configuration set
up at one time, but support seems to be rather out of date? And .net
seems to get mixed in ...
I'm a little loathed to add Java into the mix anyway, but all the
popular full text options seem to be Java based :(

https://firebirdsql.org/en/sphinx-full-text-search/ seems to be a dead
end for Firebird if what I'm reading on V3 is correct re MySQL native
access.

http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq328/ links are somewhat tired and out of
date. I have used IB_FTS in the past, but not being windows based these
days I'm only using IBObjects on a dwindling number of legacy systems
and even those will need to be moved to web based sooner rather than
later. I need something that plays nicely with PHP7 ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL