Hello m_brahi...@yahoo.fr,

> I am using Firebird-3.0.3.32900_0_Win32.exe on XP when I try to
> start service in installed FB folder with
> C:\Firebird\Firebird_3_0>instsvc sta or instsvc sto
> I get that message

>  "Error occured during OpenService"
> The specified service doens't exists as installed service (sorry I had to
> translate from french)
> Usually I start service from .bat file with net start "Firebird Server -
> firebird3"

> Where is the problem please ?

It is not clear whether you actually have the Firebird server service
installed. Instsvc.exe *can* be used to start and stop the service but
it won't work if the service is not installed already.  In fact, if
you ran the Firebird-3.0.3.32900_0_Win32.exe kit, the installer would
have run instreg.exe and installed the service for you.

Check the Local Services (Services Locales?) with your administrative
tools to see if 'Firebird Server - DefaultInstance' is showing there.
You can right click on that entry to access the Properties of the
service. If you did the standard install, then the service name should
be 'FirebirdServerDefaultInstance'.  That is the argument you should
use with NET START and NET STOP.

"Run as Administrator" is required for these commands and/or for your
batch file, obviously.

Instsvc.exe is really needed only to i[nstall] or uninstall (r[emove])
the service.  It would be simpler just to use NET START | STOP in your
batch file.

If you want to have Fb3 with a non-default service name, you can use
the -n[ame] argument with the i, r, sto and sta switches;  also with
NET START | STOP.  For example, this installs superserver in "manual"
mode with your non-default service name.

instsvc i -s -d -n "FirebirdServer - firebird3"

(you don't need the double-quotes if the name has no spaces.)

Helen

---
https://www.avg.com

  • [firebi... m_brahi...@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]