On 18-4-2019 16:34, m_brahi...@yahoo.fr [firebird-support] wrote:
> Thank you for answer,
>
> Yes the service is present in Local Services and the file executable
> file in the area  is C:\Firebird\Firebird_3_0\firebird.exe -s firebird3
> anyway I have no problem with managing service to access my application
> but I don't know if it is correct firebird.exe instead of instsvc in the
> service path area.
> So I need to know please If the service name "FirebirdServerfirebird3"
> is always the same in any windows version because I must manage FB
> service within delphi routine like checking service status, start, stop.

The default name of the service is "Firebird Server - DefaultInstance"
(or "FirebirdServerDefaultInstance"), so no, the name will not always be
"FirebirdServerfirebird3".

The path of the service points to the firebird.exe because that is the
server executable. instsvc is only a tool to install the service
(instsvc => INSTall SerViCe)

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel