I didn't realize this major change had happened already. I disabled
Firebug (the extension) and enabled it as a theme, as you suggested.

One difference I noticed immediately is that there's no more Firebug
button in my toolbar. Of course I can open the console without it, but
I liked having the little button turn orange when I hit the f12 key,
and then turn gray when I hit shift-f12, telling me that Firebug was
off. Is there no way to turn "off" the developer tools now? Does
simply closing the console window completely turn them off? (Sometimes
it makes a functional difference in how code runs, although it
shouldn't -- it's not just a question of whether the console is
showing or not.)

I also miss the little Inspector button that I had in the toolbar next
to the Firebug button. I see the same icon in the upper-left of the
console window, and it sort of works, but somewhat erratically. Or I
can just use the context menu to "Inspect Element"... but that doesn't
switch on an inspect mode, it's just a one-time action. Is there any
way to get the Inspect button back in my toolbar to toggle an "inspect
mode" like before?

I realize these are very minor concerns, just little interface things. Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Sebastian Zartner
<sebastianzart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firebug 3 is integrated in Firefox as a theme for the DevTools starting from
> version 48. So there is no need anymore to install it separately. Just go to
> the DevTools settings and under Themes you can switch to the Firebug theme.
>
> The font size there can be increased with Ctrl++, decreased with Ctrl+- and
> reset with Ctrl+0 while the DevTools are focused.
>
> Sebastian
>
> On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 3:13:21 PM UTC+2, pdev wrote:
>>
>> I've installed Firebug 'next' (3b3) in Firefox DevEd (50a2).
>>
>> Where's the control/option for increasing the FB console display's
>> FontSize?
>>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/1def8598-f132-4e1b-a0e6-cb5f4068475c%40googlegroups.com.

Lawrence San
Business Writing: Santhology.com
Cartoon Stories for Thoughtful People: Sanstudio.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/CAMoMLKgWt4gJKkbHJ_2NJY1jD7VmCtGFo7gsF5iBUDzHXZQWOw%40mail.gmail.com.