Dear Alberto, Pedro, and FIS Colleagues,

I think you got the message. All in all, an effort to
organize scientific/intellectual potential in this forum and others of that
kind into a kind of currency of a much higher value than money and other
material and virtual resources on Earth deserves to be made. For me, the
term "blockchain" is a bad word match for what this vision may really
become in future.  [Maybe this is because of my past history from Eastern
Europe, which made me feel "blocked" and "chained" for a long time of my
life.] I would rather prefer a term that means unblocking and unchaining
instead. But it should be certainly one thing: trusted information of a
high value like patents, articles, discoveries, and discussions like those
we have here can be ranked on, especially in the era of "fake news" and
spam surrounding us. What we are talking about is not new. It only has a
new "fashion" name. We can regard it as an extension of the internet,
beyond the semantic one, an intelligent and active, but also trusted and
self-organized network of humans, animals, plants, and technical devices, a
welcome tool extending our senses to feel an entire ecosystem of evolving
things.

I have not read an article discussing "blockchain" in the above sense,
maybe because like most phenomena in "dataism"  the term is currently only
unilaterally exploited by the majority, held under the umbrella of
finances, trade, insurances, contracts, encryption, etc. trivial
"high-impact" fields, similarly to the unilateral understanding of AI,
machine learning, and even quantum computing. They all are still understood
(by the majority of our contemporaries) as means to maintain the status quo
of science, economy, and society. But they can be also used to change the
paradigm. If we stay in the loop accepting data-driven hypothesis and
machine-generated theory only because we have sunk in the self-created
ocean of data, this would mean to betray human mind at the end. On the
other hand, we could use all these tools to empower and perpetuate human
mind activities like those in this forum. Therefore, I wish to ask you if
you would eventually support a future experiment for creating a "human mind
capital" currency based on the trustfulness of the idea transactions in
this forum. I think we can get even funding for this experiment.

All the best.

Plamen

Dr. Plamen L. Simeonov
simeio.org |  ibiomath.org | inbiosa.eu

2017 Towards a First Implementation of the WLIMES Approach in Living System
Studies Advancing the Diagnostics and Therapy in Personalized Medicine
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0303264717302204>

2017 JPBMB Focused Issue on Integral Biomathics: The Necessary Conjunction
of Western and Eastern Thought Traditions for Exploring the Nature of Mind
and Life <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00796107/131>  *

* free promotional access to all focused issue articles until June 20th 2018