Hi Pedro et al.

My comments are in red - I know that I surpassed my limit of four per week so I am commenting on a number of contributions in this post - I use xxxxxxxxxxxxx to divide one section from another - With this post I am up to date. I apologize for my delayed responses. My overall reaction to all of the posts is one of deep appreciation. I look forward to the continued dialogue.

 Bob Logan

Hi Jerry et al.

I quite enjoyed this post below. The way the 3.486 billion possible interpretations are whittled down to 1 or possibly 2 meanings is through pragmatics - pragmatics or context is very important for understanding meaning - Bob