Let me support Pedro's main theses:
Pedro: we live in a period comparable to that as Zero was evolved.
Yes, we do. The concept is unusual, expresses a feeling that we can share,
has no clear understanding yet, is in some ways revolutionary.
Pedro: The Zero as a concept lies behind all numbers. Its properties can be
figured out by thinking, because as a sensual experience it is not there.
Yes, we can recognise the relative background, even if there is no content
before the background.
Pedro:  There exists a central rule / idea / algorithm / logos / divine will
/ any_other_name that drives a.o. the cell. This rule / idea / etc. could
well be transcendent over all and everything that is living / existing
/spoken about / . This is what we want to find.
Yes, there appears to be a fundamental governing relation among the
holograms in our brains, which is interindividual. So we can talk about and
understand each other as we talk about the order among the concepts in my,
your, his, any other's head.

If there is a general order, then we can recognise it. Let us first look
into what we do in order to avoid recognition. The defence mechanisms of the
brain have been talked about much already. Here, they show up again, as we
strictly decline to revisit what we have been told at the tender age of 6
years.

There is a multitude to rules of thinking. Once learnt, they stay. Again,
Pedro hits the point with "after a few centuries" people have - after much
harrump and khrm - embraced the idea of Zero.

So we do the real science here, l'art pour l'art. In a few centuries, people
will say: "not bad, the idea." Maybe they will also say other remarks.

One more point: Zero is extremely practical to use. What a pity for those
few centuries between unearthing the idea and using it as a common reference
background (something to zero in on). That would be the average meaning of a
symbol, which is of course as useless as "a Zero" as such. If one does not
know the context of a Zero, it does indeed not shine much, as a Zero. So it
is with information, too. If one does not know its context, the information
is useless.

Anyway, nice discussion starting. Is there computing power available
anywhere among the esteemed colleagues?

Karl