Hi Stan - thanks for commenting on my post. I really liked your remark highlighted in pink. But I have a problem understanding the remarks in blue. Perhaps you could clarify for me. Why is it also true for any dissipative system and what exactly do you mean by a dissipative system? Also I do not see how Shannon info can be used to roughly assess relative configurations. Also why does a tornado have more possible macroscopic conformations than does a bird, and this has more than a snail. Finally. what is a conformation?

These questions are not posed to challenge your assertions but rather to help me understand them.

Thanks - Bob L