Hi All,

One way of looking at the question of curriculum would be from the point of
view of what already exists
of education in the Foundations of Information.

Are there any courses which might be a part of such a curriculum?

To start with I can tell about the course I have, which does not cover much of
Science of information, but there are several connections.
As I work at the computer science department, my perspective is computational.
For me computing is information processing and information is that which is
processed, and that which is a result of processing.
Processing may be done by a machine or by an organism or anything else - the
whole of nature computes (processes information) in different ways.
As info-computationalist, I believe that information is unthinkable without
computation.
So the course is on Computing and Philosophy but addresses Philosophy of
Information and Science of Information as well and topics on evolution of life,
intelligence (natural and artificial), consciousness, etc.
http://www.idt.mdh.se/kurser/comphil

I believe it would be good to have a course on the foundations of information
science for people in the computing.
Information and computation are completely entangled! And this gives also an
opportunity to introduce other fields into computing, to contribute to building
bridges and
facilitating inter-disciplinary/ cross-disciplinary/ trans-disciplinary
learning.

This is not as ambitious as the original question, but can help understanding
where we are now and where we want to be.

Best wishes,
Gordana

http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/~gdc/