Dear Gordana,

1.       Yes it is nuomena

2.       Distinguish their types and kinds

3.       Toddlers playing with nuomena

4.       Technological advances allow recognising patterns

5.       The idea of connection as string, chain, filament

6.       Rules of arithmetics

7.       Collaborative effort

1.       Yes it is nuomena

Thank you for giving the name to the concept. What we talk about is the
abstract idea of an element of Nature, of which we traditionally presuppose
nothing, and as such can be symbolized by the idea of “1” as an
arithmetical entity.

2.       Distinguish their types and kinds

New is that we assume two kinds of nuomena (called “a” and “b”) and we
allow for each of the kinds to have 16 different types (symbolized by the
natural numbers from 1 to 16). We assemble a collection of paired nuomena.
This appears to us as summands (a,b) in the addition “a+b=c”. So we have
136 different abstract unit we play with. (The summands in the additions
from 1+1= to 16+16=32, a <= b).

3.       Toddlers playing with nuomena

Placing nuomena in a sequence according to their size is an innocent
pastime for small children. Indeed, grown-ups also like to have their stock
of nuomena ordered according to some ruiles (e.g. the names in one’s
telephone book one likes to be ordered for practical reasons.) Toddlers may
also play with reordering their nuomena. (We also find it sometimes
practical to reorder train timetables from date/time to location of
stations near to specific places and the other way around.)

4.       Technological advances allow recognizing patterns

No toddlers and no grown-ups could have previously driven attention to the
typical patterns that appear as one resorts nuomena, because the number of
possible patterns overloads the capacities of the human brain. (Although
one would be able to say that railway station X is farther away down the
line than railway station Y, because the train arrives there later, this is
not the current method of establishing distances between railway stations.)
However, the use of computers as potent reincarnations of paper and pencil
allows grown-ups to observe that there exist patterns in such reorderings,
which are different to renamings.

5.       The idea of connection as string, chain, filament

The toddler could cry out: “Ach, this is what they mean by ‘logical
connection’”, if he knew the words, while doing reorderings of the nuomena
he plays with. We are familiar with games where pushing blocks around in a
maze, or solving the Rubik cube, involves sophisticated sequences of steps.
Those nuomena that move together while a reorder is done constitute a
logical connection and appear in the physical world as strings, filaments,
paths. This is the novelty content of the invention. This has not been
observed before, because the accounting power of computers has not been at
the disposal of thinkers heretofore.

6.       Rules of arithmetics

The patterns that the toddler observes and tries to tell the grown-ups
follow rules that are not yet codified in the body of laws that are
accepted as rules of arithmetics. The rules of reorder are there and are
recognizable to all. They deserve being included into the codified body of
arithmetics. The more so, as they allow – among others – logical and
numeric support to the Minkowski model of space-time, and help explaining
why the genetic information is packed in triplets and how to decipher its
grammar. Resorting is the Rosetta stone of the genetic language.

7.       Collaborative effort

The intellectual pleasure of ‘getting’ how space and mater are stitched
together and how overcrowding in a spatial segment contrasts to dark matter
and black holes, just to mention a few of the riddles solved by watching
patterns that are observable while resorting nuomena, is one thing. Playing
with the Mother of All Sudokus is nice and rewarding for the intrepid
toddler. If the grown-ups decide that the incessant cries of the toddler
are indeed a sign for it having found something worth looking into, then
the grown-ups can also share the intellectual pleasure. If I was a police
dog tasked with “go sniff and hunt, find the combinatorial-accounting
solution to the problems of theoretical genetics, go, go” and kept barking
for attention for 15 years, after having hunted it down, maybe some of the
clever among the keepers would go the lengths of checking what this
brouhaha is all about. Maybe it has indeed found something.