Dear Wolfgang,

Regarding the call for Vienna 2014, I think that the present text forms a consistent unity, and that a slight rewording on the "focus" paragraph may be enough:

"Thus the focus needs to be twofold:

– on the impact of the sciences of information: how can we improve the design and implementation of applications such that they allow for more social autonomous usages and for the advancement of a viable and sustainable information society?

– on the foundations of the sciences of information: how can we improve the concepts we use for the study of information, at all levels (from the physical and computational to the biological and social), such that we open new vistas on the analysis of contemporary problems?"

best wishes

--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta X