On 20 Oct 2014, at 13:44, Karl Javorszky wrote:

Workshop on the Combinatorics of Genetics, Fundamentals

In order to prepare for a fruitful, satisfying and rewarding workshop in Vienna, let me offer to potential participants the following main innovations in the field of formal logic and arithmetic:

1)      Consolidating contradictions:

The idea of contradicting logical statements is traditionally alien to the system of thoughts that is mathematics. Therefore, no methodology has evolved of appeasing, soothing, compromise-building among equally valid logical statements that contradict each other. In this regard, mathematical logic is far less advanced than diplomacy, psychology, commercial claims regulation or military science, in which fields the existence of conflicts is a given. The workshop centers around the methodology of fulfilling contradicting logical requirements that co- exist.

I am not entirely convinced. I think that para-consistent logic are interesting for natural language semantics, but I think that in the fundamentals, the consistency of inconsistency, guarantied by Gödel's second incompleteness theorem is enough. It explains also why a machine cannot know which computations supported it, and this explains where the information comes from (it comes from our relative distribution in a tiny part of the arithmetical reality). This reduces also the mind-body problem to a problem of justifying the origin of the beliefs in physical laws from elementary arithmetic, and partial solutions have been obtained (you can consult my consult my URL below for some references). In particular we can explain why the world looks boolean above our computationalist substitution level, and why it looks quantum logical below.

Best regards,

Bruno

2)      Concept of Order

We show that the pointed opposition between readings of a set once as a sequenced one and once as a commutative one is similar to the discussion, whether a Table of the Rorschach test depicts a still- life under water or rather fireworks in Paris. The incompatibility between sequenced and commutative (contemporaneous) is provided by our sensory apparatus: in fact, a set is readable both as a sequenced collection and as a collection of commutative symbols. We abstract from the two sentences “Set A is in a sequential order” and “Set A is a commutatively ordered one” into the sentence “Set A is in order”.

The workshop introduces the idea and the technique of sequential enumeration (aka “sorting”) of elements of a set, calling the result “order”, and shows that different sorting orders may bring forth contradicting assignments of places to one and the same element, resp. contradicting assignments of elements to one and the same place.

3)      The duration of the transient state

We put forward the motion, that it is reasonable to assume that a set is normally in a state of permanent change – as opposed to the traditional view, wherein a set, once well defined, stays put and idle, remaining such as defined. The idea is that there are always alternatives to whichever order one looks into a set, therefore it is reasonable to assume that the set is in a state of permanent adjustment.

We look in great detail into the mechanics of transition between Order αβ and Order γδ, and show that the number of tics until the transition is achieved is only in the rarest of cases uniform, therefore partial transformations and half-baked results are the ordre du jour.

4)      Standard transitions and spatial structures

The rare cases where a translation from Order αβ into Order γδ happens in lock-step are quite well suited to serve as units of dis- allocation, being of uniform properties with respect to a numeric quality which could well be called an extent for “mass”.

These cases allow assembling two 3-dimensional spatial structures with well-defined axes. The twice 3 axes can even be merged into one, consolidated space with 3 common axes, the price of the consolidation being that every 1-dimensional statement has in this case 4 variants. The findings allow supporting Minkowski’s ideas and also some contemplation about 3 sub-statements consisting of 1- of-4 variants, as used by Nature while registering genetic information in a purely sequenced fashion.

5)      Size optimization and asynchronicity questions

The set is the same, whether we read it consecutively or transversally. The readings differ. We show that the functions of logical relations’ density per unit resp. unit fragment size per logical relation are intertwined, making a change between the representations of order as unit and as logical relation a matter of accounting artistry. (“If I want more matter, I say that I see 66 commutative units; if I want more information, I say that I see 11 sequences of 6 units.”)

The phlogiston (or divine will) fueling the mechanism appears to be the synchronicity of steps of order consolidation happening. Using the concept of a-synchronicity we can understand that we can, for reasons of epistemology, perceive only that what is asynchronous, and as a corollary to this, perceive not that what is synchron, which we have reason to call dark matter or dark energy.

These are the main ideas to be presented at the FIS meeting 2015. Hopefully, the main event, dealing with Society’s answer to change in fundamental concepts of information, will find the proceedings revolutionary enough to merit observation from close quarters.

Karl

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/