Dear Jerry LR Chandler, and All,

Your mail is the first one replay to this discussion: “the Frontiers of
Intelligence Science”.   Thanks for your mail within 7 questions. That let this
session really well run. Let me answer some of your questions:

1.        The structure of the book. It is in Chinese, I only translate the
title of chapter:

The Frontiers of Intelligence Science
——Something is Possible

Chapter 1  From Artificial Intelligence to Intelligence Science

Chapter 2       International Intelligence Science Study and Cooperation

Chapter 3       the Panorama of Intelligence and the Integrity of A-B Two Poles
of Intelligence

Chapter4        The Contribute of Intelligence Science to methodology

Chapter 5       Natural Language Understanding as the Frontier of Intelligence
Study

Chapter 6       Phase Theory

Chapter 7       New Golden Age of Civilization

2.        Yes, still very few people know Intelligence Science even in China,
though it is put out in Oct., 2003 by CAAI. Above all it has grown more than
ten years, it has formed frontiers, at least I have done theoretical study till
then.

Now is should seriously introduce the sponsor of this important direction. They
are Prof. Zhong Yi Xin, Prof. He Hua Can, and Prof. Shi zhong zhi (Krassimir
mentioned)etc. In a conference of CAAI 2003, the chair Prof. Zhong asked us
from different sessions to a big meeting room to talk about the birth of
Intelligence Science. He encouraged everyone to say out his/her feeling and
opinion. I was delighted with such a new science and was encouraged to say that
I am so earnest welcome such a new science and image its mission, I felt the
new science is a holy approach, perhaps the real science is coming, as a young
scholar I spoke ten minutes. Next I wrote an article title as “the Mission of
Intelligence Science” next year. So thanks to the leader of CAAI leaded such an
important change. We need strategist in science develop just as in war. Prof.
Zhong is such a strategist. With their strong lead, we do many explorations. I
think I am good soldier of SI. The growth rate is logically and with many
reasons. So I said in my preface of the book: “From Artificial Intelligence
(AI) to Intelligence Science (IS) is a strategic transformation, a major
contribution to science.” yes, sometime contribution is actual fruit, sometime
is a seed or a possibility; sometime is speed, sometime is direction, is an
angular acceleration; some time is individual, sometime is collective. Prof.
Zhong just in our FIS, and Pedro has special invited him stage this discussion
the same. I think only he can tell us this/his history best! We should go on
share the academic story together, though it is short but meaningful. It is
interesting while this discussion we are in the same story now.

       As a compare and evidence, let me cite a mail from Prof. L. A. Zadeh to
BISC Group (Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing):

Lotfi A. Zadeh

2012年11月10日 10:24:24

Dear members of the BISC Group:

   Ruzena Bajcsy brought to my attention a very interesting interview with Noam
Chomsky focused on "What went wrong with AI." It is always a treat to hear or
read what Chomsky has to say.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/08/noam-chomsky-on-where-artificial-intelligence-went-wrong/261637/?single_page=true

    Regards to all,
    Lotfi

       With my small group we used two months to learn this interview and think
the present science, especial computer science and technology, development
condition that we were surer with our direction and ways. This linker still
useful and I have put it in our FIS once and written in my new book this time.
If you read this interview with Chomsky viewing AI, you should know that
Chinese CAII has avoided such questions early and gave a right direction and
action. Honorific Prof. Zadeh of 91-years old that year, using one finger to
hit keyboard (he once mentioned in a mail to BISC group), he has organized a
discuss “Information Revolution”. He and some BISCers worried about such
revolution. It is just the same as our coming Vienna conference 2015—The
Information Society at the Crossroads.

       That is nice and peace, intelligence science has born and is growing.

       It is a long mail now, more next mail.

Best wishes,

Zhao Chuan

March 6, 2015