good points from guenther.

see if this helps:

If  meaning is anything that a receiver can understand, if meaning is
anything  that an entity can interpret, if meaning is in the eye of the
beholder,
then  how do you know when a thing or a person “understands” something?
Follow the  B.F. Skinner rule.  Watch his or  her behavior.  Watch for the
signs  of stimulus and response.  Watch  to  see if the receiver does
something in response to the stimulus.   Watch to see if the receiver moves.

from The God Problem: How a Godless Cosmos Creates.

with warmth and oomph--howard

----------------------
Howard Bloom
Howardbloom.net
Author  of: The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces
of History  ("mesmerizing"-The Washington Post),
Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass  Mind From The Big Bang to the 21st
Century ("reassuring and sobering"-The New  Yorker),
The Genius of the Beast: A Radical Re-Vision of Capitalism ("A
tremendously enjoyable book." James Fallows, National Correspondent, The
Atlantic),
The God Problem: How A Godless Cosmos Creates("Bloom's argument  will rock
your world." Barbara Ehrenreich),
How I Accidentally Started the  Sixties (“Wow! Whew! Wild! Wonderful!”
Timothy Leary), and
The Mohammed Code  (“A terrifying book…the best book I’ve read on Islam.”
David Swindle, PJ  Media).
Former Core Faculty Member, The Graduate Institute; Former Visiting
Scholar-Graduate Psychology Department, New York University
Founder:  International Paleopsychology Project. Founder: The Group
Selection Squad;  Founder, Space Development Steering Committee. Board Member
and
Member Of Board  Of Governors, National Space Society. Founding Board Member:
Epic of Evolution  Society. Founding Board Member, The Darwin Project.
Founder: The Big Bang Tango  Media Lab. Member: New York Academy of Sciences,
American Association for the  Advancement of Science, American Psychological
Society, Academy of Political  Science, Human Behavior and Evolution Society,
International Society for Human  Ethology. Scientific Advisory Board
Member, Lifeboat Foundation. Advisory Board  Member, The Buffalo Film Festival.
Editorial board member, The Journal of Space  Philosophy.

In a message dated 6/21/2015 7:51:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,