Hi, Pedro.
I think that your and Raquel's work on historic organization of FIS
discussion is very important to all FISers.
Thank you very much for this (hard) work, and if you need any help, you can
count on me :-)
Bibliometric studies on FIS list will be part of my PhD research and I hope
I can interview FIS members (as I did with Bob - it was an amazing
interview!) to add qualitative data to this measurements.

About "collective intelligence", it reminds me Pierre Levy's book
"Collective Intelligence: Mankind's Emerging World in Cyberspace" (1997)
that explain what is his definition Collective Intelligence and
some developments. His article "From social computing to reflexive
collective intelligence: The IEML research program" (2010) in "Information
Sciences" journal proposes a Information Economy MetaLanguage to work
with Collective Intelligence concept. It is a very interesting subject, but
unfortunately I didn't have time to read much about.

About the crisis on "creative thought and deep interdisciplinary
engagement", in my opinion is because science today (as many other things)
is always in a hurry. Researches are where the money is. And "money" wants
results as fast as possible. But there are good initiatives, like this list
and ArXiv for example, that is working against this system.

Best,

Moisés