Fernando, Luis, List:

This is a further commentary on your paper, focusing on the section labelled:
Agnumetry, quantifying modernization.

First, your original thinking in this area is clearly expressed and logically
justified.  Congratulations.

This synthesis of the motivations for human actions with the means to get them
done is a novel feature that I like very much. The simple comparison of
artifacts to objective allows enumeration of a form of necessary information
for the particular act under consideration.

The postulate of the ratio of relations between human and the count of
artifacts at different points in time is a clear and concise statement, and,
within this context, compelling.

Your paper is a very substantial contribution to cultural information, in my
view.

In more general terms, I have constructed a mathematical concept of "economy of
relations" which, I suspect, has similar motivations.  The general notion of an
"economy of relations" is foundational to Shannon information theory because
the goal of an exact encoding, transmission and decoding of symbols is to
preserve the informational content of the message, which is analogous to the
ratio you describe on page 31.

It may be helpful to you that in my unpublished work, I first construct a
"number spine" based on the count of attributes of mathematical objects that
contain form.   This number spine encode the "count" concept without
constraining the meaning of the number, which can be assigned on the basis of
attributes of the number.  In other words, the the informational count can be
assigned realistic units (of being), as you have done.

My question to you is:

Can you enumerate a number of examples of agnumery from various cultures and
time periods.

Please note that I am NOT commenting on various presuppositions and assumptions
of your paper.  I believe that you will find ways to modify the strong rhetoric
in such a way that the basic numeric argument is sustained and can be further
developed.  (At least, I would encourage you to attempt to do this, but it will
be a daunting rhetorical task.)

Perhaps other contributors to the list (Raf?) who are highly skilled
rhetoricians, can be of help?

In summary, an excellent beginning toward quantifying a meaningful theory of
information content associated with cultural developments.   It is pleasing to
see the potential for convergence of various approaches to the meaning of
information.

Cheers

Jerry