Stan et al - you honour me by asking the question. We know that matter (and
here I do not include dark matter or dark energy) is made up of a small number
of quarks and gluons. As we go higher and higher energy we will continue to
create these "freaks of nature" freaks in the sense that we create the
conditions for them to come into existence using our high energy colliders. I
am sure they sometimes occur naturally in stars from time to time but they do
not have any long term effects - they are a passing fancy, a novelty, and an
amusing one at that. Perhaps they will help us understand the quark gluon
interaction. The analogy I see with the transition from prokaryotes to
eukaryotes that I sent to Malcolm was my indulging in scientific based poetry.
BTW I teach an undergrad course since 1971 called the Poetry of Physics (also
the title of a book available on Amazon) to teach physics to humanities
students without using math to promote science literacy among humanists.

Another analogy that came to mind was that of proliferation of nucleic acids
made up of the same 4 elements: C, G, A, and T.  They are the quarks of biology
and their chemical bonds the gluons.

Metaphorically your - Bob Logan

Robert K. Logan
Prof. Emeritus - Physics - U. of Toronto
Fellow University of St. Michael's College
Chief Scientist - sLab at OCAD
http://utoronto.academia.edu/RobertKLogan
www.physics.utoronto.ca/Members/logan
www.researchgate.net/profile/Robert_Logan5/publications