Dear Lou, Pedro and All,

there was some interesting unintentional RECURSION in the latest postings
we obtained here.
I hope you will have sufficient time during the holidays to ponder on Lou’s
central points and their recent comments.
In due time I will come back to comment on them, Pivar’s art images and
some other enigmatic aspects with an idea of how they may be pragmatically
addressed.

I wish you all an Happy and Peaceful Easter!

Plamen

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Louis H Kauffman <lou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> of these talents as extremely egocentric and ignorant and we cannot change
> this. What do you think?
>
> Best,
>
> Plamen
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Louis H Kauffman <lou...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Plamen,
>> I do not know why Gel-Mann supported this. It is interesting to me
>> anyway. It is primarily an artistic endeavor but is based on some ideas of
>> visual development of complex forms from simpler forms.
>> Some of these stories may have a grain of truth. The sort of thing I do
>> and others do is much more conservative (even what D’Arcy Thompson did is
>> much more conservative). We look for simple patterns that definitely seem
>> to occur in complex situations and we abstract them and work with them on
>> their own grounds, and with regard to how these patterns work in a complex
>> system. An artistic approach can be very fruitful.
>> Best,
>> Lou
>>
>> On Mar 16, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Dr. Plamen L. Simeonov <
>> plamen.l.simeo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Lou, Pedro and Colleagues,
>>
>> I have another somewhat provoking question about the "constructive" role
>> of topology in morphogenesis. What do you think about the somewhat
>> artistic, but scientifically VERY controversial theory about the origin and
>> development of life forms based on physical forces from classical mechanics
>> and topology only, thus ignoring all of genetics, Darwinism and Creationism:
>>
>> http://www.ilasol.org.il/ILASOL/uploads/files/Pivar_ILASOL-2010.pdf
>>
>> What part of this can be regarded as science at all, and If there is
>> something missing what is it? Why did a person like Murray Gel-Mann support
>> this?
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Plamen

>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Pedro C. Marijuan <
>> pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es> wrote:
>>
>>> Louis, a very simple question: in your model of self-replication, when
>>> you enter the environment, could it mean something else than just providing
>>> the raw stuff for reproduction? It would be great if related to successive
>>> cycles one could include emergent topological (say geometrical-mechanical)
>>> properties. For instance, once you have divided three times the initial
>>> egg-cell, you would encounter three symmetry axes that would co-define the
>>> future axes of animal development--dorsal/ventral, anterior/posterior,
>>> lateral/medial. Another matter would be about the timing of complexity,
>>> whether mere repetition of cycles could generate or not sufficient
>>> functional diversity such as Plamen was inquiring in the case of molecular
>>> clocks (nope in my opinion).  best--Pedro
>>>

>>> --
>>> Pedro C. Marijuán
>>> Grupo de Bioinformación / Bioinformation Group
>>> Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud
>>> Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Aragón (CIBA)
>>> 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
>>> Tfno. +34 976 71 3526 (& 6818)
>>> pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es