Hi Robert,

I haven’t read your book yet, but thanks for the link.  You have certainly
thought through these issues much more deeply than I have and I appreciate your
perspective.  I am trying to parse the meanings of your three fundamentals, so
please let me know if I am getting the main ideas right.

“Aleatoricism” seems to reflect the creativity associated with dynamics at ‘the
edge of chaos’, or inherent to self-organization.  I would strongly agree with
this as an essential fundamental that was not explicit in my formulation.  I
would argue that aleatoricism and feedback are implicit in the notion of
metabolism, but I like that you pull them out.

I’m not sure what you are suggesting with the term “centripetality’.  Is this
meant to reference the functional and dynamical coherence of self-organizing
systems?

Regards,

Guy