Bien reçu votre message. MERCI. Cordialement. M. Godron
Le 17/07/2016 à 20:21, Loet Leydesdorff a écrit :
Dear Michel and colleagues,

I agree that adaptation is not specifically human and that "humanity's main adaptive role" is not to be defined as "information".
I agree also !
The best candidate for a spefically human is probably, in my opinion, "double contingency": Ego expects Alter to entertain expectations as s/he does herself.
Very interesting. I agree, but two birds who sing to find a candidate to copulation has also expectations. expectations can be exchanged (for example, in language), and also be codified at the interpersonal level (for example, in legislation or in scholarly discourse).

How does this relate to information? In my opinion, the dynamics of meaning are driving cultural evolution.
I agree also !
Information is needed at the bottom providing the variation. The codes of communication -- for example, in discourse among biologists (Pedro!) -- operate as next-order selection mechanisms.
What is exactly the role of selection in this process ?
These selection mechanisms are not "objective" or observable, but can be expected to operate and be hypotesized; for example, in a sociology of communication. We have access to these discourses infra-reflexively.

M G