Bien reçu votre message. MERCI. Cordialement. M. Godron
Le 17/07/2016 à 20:21, Loet Leydesdorff a écrit :
Dear Michel and colleagues,

I agree that adaptation is not specifically human and that "humanity's main adaptive role" is not to be defined as "information".
I agree also.
The best candidate for a spefically human is probably, in my opinion, "double contingency": Ego expects Alter to entertain expectations as s/he does herself. These expectations can be exchanged (for example, in language), and also be codified at the interpersonal level (for example, in legislation or in scholarly discourse).
Important. I wonder if two birds singing before copulation have an expectation with double contingency ?

How does this relate to information? In my opinion, the dynamics of meaning are driving cultural evolution. How Evolution plays a role in this relation at the scale of millions of years ? Information is needed at the bottom providing the variation. The codes of communication -- for example, in discourse among biologists (Pedro!) -- operate as next-order selection mechanisms. These selection mechanisms are not "objective" or observable, but can be expected to operate and be hypotesized; for example, in a sociology of communication. We have access to these discourses infra-reflexively.

M Godron