On 8/27/06, Martin Bähr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 05:36:21PM +0200, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:
> > My interpretatin of your suggestion is that there should be two levels
> > of boundaries, one with whitespace and one with other boundary
> > characters, and that they be treated differently.
>
> that may be a sideffect yes.
>
> the main problem is the need to be able to remove a whole argument
> conveniently. preferably without needing a seperate shortcut

Actually, I tried my version, and it didn't work. There where troubles
with tokens consisting completely of separateors. So the new rule for
move_word and kill_word is:

Move left/right until we encounter a non-whitespace character.
Move left/right until we encounter a non-alphanumeric character.
If the character we stopped on is non-whitespace, move along one more character.

I've played around with it and it seems to do what I want most of the
time. The actual rule may be a bit complicated, but the behaviour
seems to be what you would expect.

Patch is in the darcs tree.

--
Axel