On 10/29/06, Martin Bähr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i was just going through the wishlist and i noticed that there are
> items that can actually be removed since they have been implemented.
> (how nice is that? :-)

:)

> that said, there is one item, that i think would make sense for the 1.22
> release since it changes the behaviour, namely:
>   * Per process output redirection

Honestly, at this point I really only want to release 1.22.0. No more
major features. Except for the new history implementation, which I
wanted to get in in order to avoid having two separate syntax changes
to the history file format, all patches that have gone in for the last
few weeks have been either bugfixes, cleanups or minor features that
can more or less be grafted on top of the existing code. The ** change
was somthing like 4 lines of code, for example. I have no problems
with releasing 1.23.0 in a few weeks with minor incompatibilities.

> also, the multiline editing is very nice, but it would be even nicer if
> the up/down arrow keys could be used to navigate within the lines.
> so basicly, they would walk the history line by line and not command by
> command. it would slow down a quick browsing of the history a bit, but
> it would add a lot of convenience for editing multiline commands...

Not sure that's a good idea. For example, when you are searching the
history, if you come across a multiline entry, you will be stuck. And
modality is bad. There might be some reasonable solution to this, but
I don't see one at once.

--
Axel