I have a following script that changes a wallpaper every 15 minutes under
xfce: http://pastie.org/4596618. I wish to make it possible to interrupt
the usual 15-minute delay and change the wallpaper at once if the script is
signalled SIGUSR1. I find the corresponding PID and send the signal:

> ps ax|grep change
11437 pts/0    S      0:00 /usr/bin/fish /opt/myscripts/change-wallpaper2
13580 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep change
> kill -USR1 11437

but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?