I think this is a misguided idea. In the browser, you have the concept of a
selection. When the browser autocompletes a URL, it leaves the autocompleted
part selected, for easy deletion/modification. But to do what you want in fish,
you'd have to define a completely new keyboard shortcut whose sole purpose is
to delete the current autocompletion so you can execute what you have if that's
all you want.

-Kevin