On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 at 12:42, charlie wrote:
> How is the word completion determined, is it just the last command entered or
> is it weighted somehow by history usage ?

Not sure.  Subjectively seems to be simply "the most recent matching command in
history."
> And different topic, what would you think about adding spelling suggestions
> to mistyped commands, some sort of 'did you mean X ?  hit y to run this
> command'

I think it'd drive me crazy and I'd immediately turn it off. :-)

I use control-W or M-d (*) to forward- or reverse- kill the entire incorrect
word, as well as C-a and C-e to move to the start/end of the line and M-f M-b
to move the cursor by entire words.

Then again, I'm one of those weird Emacs users, and these keys are second
nature for me; YMMV. :-)

*(M is meta, which is usually "alt" but might be something different depending
on your terminal.)