Hi Charlie,

The autosuggestion tries to be smart.

If your command prefixes a history item, that's used as the suggestion. Except
that, when you run a command, it remembers which arguments are valid file paths
(possibly relative), and only suggests that command if those paths are still
valid.

If there is no suggestion from history, it uses the same algorithm as
tab-completions, except that it cannot expand subcommands, because it would be
too slow.

Also, 'cd' commands are handled specially, whether from history or completions.

Regarding spell checking, at first blush, I think it might be OK as long as
it's unobtrusive and doesn't do anything modal. It would be very bad to put up
a prompt that you have to dismiss by typing Y or N. Also remember that fish has
syntax highlighting and shows invalid commands in red, which is a form of
spelling suggestions too.

_fish