On Oct 04  12:11 -0700, Booker Bense wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 7:22 AM, glphvgacs <darwinsker...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hello,
> > i would appreciate if someone could help with articulating this feature
> > request:
> >
> > https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/issues/1465
> >
> > in a nutshell it's to have UI features of vimperator in a shell (fish in
> > this case).
> > <your summary of it goes here and/or on the ticket's page>
> Do you mean something like xiki?
>
> http://xiki.org

from authors presentations, No. that looks more like blending GUI with
shell...  and some new ideas of its own.
what i'm trying to explain here is, in abstracts, to make a mapping from
some features of vimperator into fish, like:
categorisation of results and/or prioritization of those categories based
on user's preference (i.e. make it configurable) when fish does
auto-suggestion.

for example, bookmarks are one category in what vimperator offers in its
suggestions (visited-pages, aka 'Hisotry' is another). now one can think of
bookmarks, in the context shell, as paths that user has cd'ed into in the
past and so on and so forth.

to put it in another words, there is more granularity in today's browsers'
notion of *history* than there is in that of shells. we want that level of
granularity. that would be step-1. once we have that granularity (or
categorisation) then we can goto step-2 which is to reference them and make
a more elaborate suggestions to the user.

BTW: please reply to list in the future, thanks.