I’ve read and scanned the available doc pretty well and have some questions
still.

I discovered a large collection of “built in functions” in share/functions. If
I want to change that behavior what’s the best practice? Do I modify the
../share? I bet not. So what is recommended if for example I want to have a
variant of the default prompt.

And take a very fancy function like _fish_git_prompt. How do I get that to be
invoked in .git directories?

Thanks!

Pito