I am a fairly new user to the fish shell, but not new to Linux. I am
finding fish a lot preferable to bash. I have noticed, while googling
about this shell, that there seem to be some queries about doing some
arithmetic, especially with floating point numbers.

What seems to cause the most queries are division and scaling the
result. I have now got that worked out, so if anyone is interested I can
email my methods. However, I expect that most of you have already got is
all sorted, and I had better keep quiet and go away.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work,

Neil