I'm still interested in anyone who can tell me about a use of the `block`
command. However, the bug I alluded to was the result of addressing a lint
warning about a missing "default" block in a switch statement for dealing
with the `block` command. Which is to say you will not see any problems
using the `block` command unless you have built fish from git HEAD.

--
Kurtis Rader