On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM, John Chludzinski <john.chludzin...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I have fish as my default shell. It appears that /etc/profile is not being
> executed.

Fish does not read /etc/profile. Fish can't read it because fish does no
support the POSIX 1003 standard for shell syntax. The closest analog in
fish is /etc/fish/config.fish (or wherever $__fish_sysconfdir points). And,
of course, the equivalent of ~/.profile is ~/.config/fish/config.fish.

--
Kurtis Rader