On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Shiyao Ma <i...@introo.me> wrote:

> Sorry I didn't make my question clear.
>
> Basically, I'd like to have an equivalent of the Bash's "glob-expand-word
> (C-x *)".
>
> Given a folder with files a{a,b,c} inside.
> ls a*<C-x><*> will expand to ls aa ab ac.
>
> Is there any equivalent function in fish so I can map Tab to it ?

No, however writing such a function should be easy.  In fish you can bind
arbitrary functions, including ones that you write, to keystrokes. See the
`commandline` command for how to fetch the token under the cursor and
insert text into the command line. It's possible someone has already
written such a function. You might want to check the Fisherman and
Oh-My-Fish plugin repositories before writing your own.

> Also, bash has "insert-completions (M-*)", does fish also has equivalent
> of this one?

I don't know what that does. Fish already has a pretty good completion
system that will suggest appropriate flags and subcommands depending on
what you have already typed.

--
Kurtis Rader