Hi all,

I am pleased to announce a bug fix release of fish, version 3.1.1.

This release contains a significant number of fixes for regressions and
egregious problems in fish 3.1.0, and I strongly recommend all users of
3.1.0 upgrade to it.

The full details will be in the release notes, which I encourage you to
read.

The tarball and packages for Linux, macOS and Windows will soon be
available from https://fishshell.com/ and the release notes will be at
https://fishshell.com/release_notes.html - but in the meantime I have
uploaded the release to the GitHub releases page at:
  https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/releases/tag/3.1.1

The Linux packages have been submitted to the release:3 channel, and if
you are using your system package manager to install fish from these
channels a new version will make its way to you soon. If you'd like to
use this method, the links are:
  https://launchpad.net/~fish-shell/+archive/ubuntu/release-3 (Ubuntu)

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=shells%3Afish%3Arelease%3A3&package=fish
  (Debian, Fedora, openSUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux)

A pull request for Homebrew has been submitted, so the new version
should be available soon via upgrading or running `brew install fish`.

For our distributors, the tarball is available at
https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/releases/download/3.1.1/fish-3.1.1.tar.gz
The SHA-256 sum is
07dc78eea3bc4cbd490b2f2a2e19e5771ac9e3b6b1a75893039ad8b34d6122b8 and the
tarball has a signature from my personal PGP key, as does this message.

Part of the delay in preparing this release was due to the global
COVID-19 pandemic, and I hope you are able to stay safe in this
challenging time.

Hopefully, this gives you a better fishing experience than Animal
Crossing.

David Adam
fish committer
zanc...@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au