This message is from: "Lois Berenyi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

One of my observations over the years is that Miss America is not necessarily the most beautiful, most talented woman in the land. She just showed up for the competition. This applies to people, dogs, horses, artwork, resumes, etc. I think competitions are useful and the breed owes something to the men and women who promote and go to the considerable expense of hiring trainers or devoting their own considerable time to condition their stock and then to exhibit them but that is mostly done for the individual's self-interest and the advancement of the breed is a byproduct for the rest of us.

What could be valuable via DVD would be to select several blue-ribbon evaluated stallions and mares and compile a DVD of how they were judged, why they were superior and possibly where they could be a bit better. I'm sure this would be at least of the same interest as a grooming video dealing with mane-trimming and could generate revenue for the association. When I had a Friesian weanling judged I videotaped the entire evaluation of a half dozen weanlings just to record the Dutch judges comments on conformation and movement. I did a similar tape when the filly was judged as a three-year-old. It was very useful to me and helped develop an eye for what was desired....and what was undesirable. But again, the top scoring Friesian was not necessarily the best in the land....just the best of those who showed up.

Lois Berenyi

To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:44 AM
Subject: Evaluated Fjords Worth More Money

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"An evaluated Fjord can be worth more dollars than an unevaluated one."

Carol posted this as one of her reasons for DVD evaluations.  As much as I
like and respect Carol, I don't think there is ANY way to prove this point one
way or the other.  It is going to depend on the particular Fjord and the
buyer's needs. It would be just as correct to say that an unevaluated Fjord can be
worth more dollars than an evaluated one.  Let's not confuse opinions with
facts.

Margaret A. Bogie
Ironwood Farm
Rixeyville, VA
http://www.ironwood-farm.com

***Fjords for Sale: 2002 Brown Dun mare, 2003 Gray and Brown Dun geldings,
2005 Red Dun colt***