This message is from: "Chris McMahon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(If you are using the Liverpool with the french link in any slot lower
than the Snaffle (direct) position you are causing it to fold up and
nutcracker..very confusing for the horse, too, without a curb chain.)

 Thanks, Jean.

I have only ever used the Liverpool with the snaffle slot – just got the
Liverpool to “look right” with the driving rig (figuring that if I kept
it at the snaffle slot it would be no different than the full cheek).

The glory bit I used was a butterfly, and I only ever used that on the
snaffle position.  It was a 5 and ½ inch, which is what he has always
taken, and seemed to be just the right size.  I did have the opportunity
to ask Larry Poulin about it, and his opinion was that the glory was too
much bit for a Fjord, that it was heavy for a horse that tended to lean
on you (although while I don’t feel like I have great contact yet, I
have never felt Elph “leaning” on me – I actually find that every
clinician has an opinion about bits, harness, etc., and everything has
to be adjust in some way or they haven’t earned their fee!)

I guess I will go ahead and invest in one more bit; well maybe I’ll try
putting the snaffle French link back on and see if I can “make contact”
without getting the evasion.  THEN if that doesn’t work I’ll try the
swivel Liverpool mullen.

THANKS for the input,

Tish and Elph in Minneapolis
Elph: can’t we just go on down the road and have fun??????