This message is from: Gina Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean--

Thank you for the info on ESPM...I will print it and
gently give it to my friend.  Regardless, I think the
horse needs a complete veterinary exam.  I couldn't
believe how much the article you posted sounded like
her horse.  At one point this spring, the filly's
muscles seemed to atrophy overnight, primarily in her
gluteal and thigh areas.  She treated her with Panacur
at the suggestion of a local 4-H trainer that was
visiting her barn, and she did seem to improve.  At
the time I also suggested she give her a shot of Red
Cell at her feedings because she seemed to be so
lethargic to me.  When I watched her lunge her I
noticed the strange gait as well, I thought she almost
looked gaited, like a foxtrotter or something, but
"pony gaited" seems to fit this as well.

This information is very helpful as I was not making
progress finding info on the net (I was also looking
into EPM as that was my first thought, but I haven't
observed the spasms it describes).

The filly is now 3, and yes, I DO agree that she is to
young for being ridden (they started her under saddle
at two)  I know the spine especially is still
developing at the time, and both my friend and her
boyfriend are heavy riders.
I will keep you updated!

Thanks,
Gina