From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:42 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Three spectacular Fjords for sale

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I wanted to jot a note this morning to let everyone know that I have 3 very
special Fjords here that are for sale.  As many of you know, it is often
difficult to find been-there-done-that WELL trained Fjords and they are
often
scattered far apart geographically.  I feel fortunate to be able to offer
three of
them, at the same time, in the same place.

The first one is Paradise's Celebrity, a 15 year old mare that rides as well
as drives.  She is a fairly big boned mare that stands about 14.2.  She
carries the gray gene and has produced gray offspring as well as several
nice brown
dun foals.  I used to own this mare and bred her to Dusty several times.
Two
of those resulting foals, both fillies, have been evaluated.  One received a
blue in conformation (Johan's dam) and the other a high red.  Both of them
went
on to earn their Silver Medallions for Intro. Western, making Celebrity
eligible for the Hall of Fame award.  Obviously, she produces very good
quality
foals!

This is a very laid back, quiet mare with polite, respectful ground manners.
She is currently open, but can be bred to Dusty.  That cross is good.  She
adds height to him and he refines her.  Price will depend on whether she
sells
open or bred.

The other two are mother and son, Dustenai and Cymon. Many of you may
remember these two.  They belonged to Patty Peterson of Libby.  Patty passed
away
quite suddenly and unexpectedly this February.  Otherwise these two would
never
be for sale.

I can't say enough about these two.  They are absolutely spectacular.
Dustenai is 12 years old and is a Dusty daughter.  She was featured on the
last
Nordicfest poster with the two darling girls dressed in Bunads with the
Rocky
Mountains in the background.

Dustenai is about 14 hands.  Her dam is Molde, our King Herald mare who
passed away last spring at 28 years of age.  Molde was typical of King
Herald
offspring with those HUGE eyes.  Dustenai inherited that plus she has a
beautiful
dished face.

I broke her to ride for Patty as a three year old and Patty then went on to
train her for driving.  And DRIVE her she did.  She is a wonderful driving
horse with quite spectacular gaits.  Patty showed her many times at Libby as
well
as drove her in many parades.  She is BROKE!  I remember an incident at
Libby
when one of the horses in a driving class got stung by a yellow jacket and
proceeded to bolt and run away, pitching the driver out of the cart, at
which
point her foot became hung up in one of the lines.  It was horrific to watch
as
she was being drug and bounced off of the fence!  We were all certain that
the
gal was going to be severely hurt or killed.  After all was said and done,
miraculously she was just shaken and scratched, but not seriously injured.
Anyway, Patty had pulled Dustenai to the inside of the ring and  Dustenai
kept her
cool through the entire incident.

I recall another time when Patty had sent Dustenai here to be bred to
Majson,
our junior stallion at the time.  When Patty came to pick her up, she
mentioned that she didn't think she'd show her at Libby that year.  When I
asked her
why, she said that she didn't think that the judge for that year liked
Dustenai because he hadn't placed her well the last time she had shown to
him.  I
encouraged Patty to DO show her because Dustenai had matured quite a bit
since
that first time and shown correctly, she should do well.  I told Patty what
that
particular judge wanted to see and how to show her to her best advantage.
Told her I'd give her a 'brush up' lesson before the class and to PLEASE
enter
her.

The classes at Libby were quite large that year.  Think there were 20-25
mares in her class!  Patty was nervous as heck, but she did an outstanding
job.
Horses were lined up as the judge was making his final decisions.  Patty &
Dustenai were pulled out in his first three picks.  Then he went on down the
line
to pull out the next three.  OH MAN - that was exciting, but remember
thinking
to myself, did I tell Patty not to quit showing until he makes his final
decision and hands in his card??!!  Patty did an excellent job and when the
judge
came back to make his FINAL decision, he pulled Dustenai out FIRST PLACE!!
Patty was trying to be COOL, but when she got out of the ring - what a
HOOPLA!!
Everyone was crying for her!

Anyway, needless to say this is a great mare.  She comes with a nice cart
and
leather harness.  The cart has runners so that it can be converted to drive
in snow in the winter.  Price with cart & harness - $6500.

Her son, Cymon, is 5 years old.  He is a masculine version of his mother.
They are about the same size.  He might be an inch taller, but they are
nearly
identical in appearance.  He has a gorgeous head also.  I broke him to ride
for
Patty when he was 3.  Had about 30 days on him and then took him to the
ocean
to ride on the beach.  He took all of that in stride!  Patty then started
driving him and had begun to work these two as a team.  I am not certain
exactly
how far she had gotten with that, but understand that she had contacted Gene
Bushnell about helping her more with them later this spring.  They would
truly
make an awesome team, but I don't have the equipment to proceed with that
training.

Cymon was shown in halter at Libby also and won.  I don't recall exactly how
many times Patty showed him there, but I do have at least one win picture.

These two are absolutely huggable.  Needless to say, they are both broke for
everything from trailering to clipping to you name it.  You couldn't find
any
better anywhere.  His price is $5500.

All three of these Fjords are top notch and have proven themselves.  This is
a unique opportunity for the discriminating Fjord owner.

Please contact me privately for an appointment to meet these guys in person.

Thank you.

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR