This message is from: "Gail Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This and the next message come from the clickryder clicker training list.  I
thought the list members might enjoy it because it compares the French vs
German dressage training systems.

The post prior to this one was discussing whether the "French method" breaks
the training information down into smaller, individual pieces than the
German method (called "chunking down" by people who spend their time
discussing the details of training methods).  There was also discussion of
the German method being one where the horse is "molded" (meaning his body is
manipulated into the correct position until he can learn that that is the
position that the trainer wants him to take.

I asked Jord Ann if it would be OK to post her messages to the list because
she proposes a theory that the German method is more oriented to finding
individual horses that are more naturally balanced, whereas the French
method is more suited to "working with what you have."

Jord Ann's response is below:

Hi Gail,
Pleased to be of assistance! You might want to include my follow-up post
........I had to think a little deeper on this subject. Best wishes,
Jord-Ann