This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 2/27/05 5:45:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> And Gayle,
> you beat me to the punch in describing the Stallion Class of 5 at Turlock
> that
> year. I don't remember that Diamont won it, I think it was Dusty. Am I
> right?

Yes he did.

> In any case, as most of you know, Erlend and Dusty know when they are in the
> ring and when they are not. Erlend is an extremely easy stallion to handle
> at
> shows, hand breeding, etc. I have shown him in several stallion halter
> classes
> with no concern about his behavior. At Turlock, however, Gayle was lucky
> enough to be the one in front of Diamont, and I was "lucky" enough to be
> just
> behind him. I can tell you that I maintained as much distance from that
> white
> horse as I could and still be in the same arena.
>
> Diamont was displaying most of the time and vocally challenging the other
> stallions in the class. Never had I been in a situation where a stallion was
> on the very edge of control like that. At Libby, a lovely stallion was shown
> who had pretty much just come in from the pasture and certainly never had
> been
> shown. He was restless and worried, but never behaved in such a way that I
> was
> afraid. There is a big difference between being nervous in a new situation,
> and challenging other stallions! In both situations, Erlend never gave a
> sign
> of taking his mind off business. I didn't hear what Gayle said, but I was
> sure
> glad she said it, because then the "handler" moved Diamont a fair distance
> away from the rest.

That was when I told him that if he didn't get that horse under control, I
was going to come back there and castrate both of them!  He said that he was
trying.  I told him he wasn't trying hard enough and I was pulling out my
pocket
knife!  That's when he MOVED!

Funny now, but NOT at the time!

Gayle Ware