This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 1. The barn will be cleaned before noon every day. I
plan to resolve to do that...maybe even accomplish
it.
 2. I will clean my tack faithfully after every ride,
even if it's just with the quickie leather cleaner.
Okay, once a week at least.
 3. I will buy three Lotto tickets each week: One to
pay for more horses; one to cover veterinary expenses;
and one to cover farrier expenses.
  4. I will make appointments for a haircut at least as
often as my horse needs new shoes. In fact, that's a
good way to remember.
  5. In the coming year, I will check my clothes for
hay before going out in public.
  6. When I reach into my coat pocket for change, I
will try not to pay with pieces of hay, carrot or horse treats.
 7. Horse clothing will not be cleaned in the family
washing machine any more. At least, not while The
Husband is home.
 8. I will not soak bits in the kitchen sink. I will
put them in the dishwasher instead.
  9. I will remember to write social obligations on the
calendar as religiously as I write clinic and
commpetition dates. That way, maybe I can keep them.
If they don't conflict, of course.
10. I will (occasionally) feed the family before the
animals at least on weekends.
11. I will endeavor not to scream NO! every time a
family member attempts to take a carrot from the
50-lb. bag earmarked for the horses.
12. I promise to stop critiquing every movie I see in
which there are horses and the riding, grooming, or
tack is incorrect.
13. I will stop saying "over" to my partner when he/she's
in my way in the kitchen and "whoa" to my children.
14. On the first rainy or snowy day of the New Year,
I will muck out the house.
15. In the future, the living room will not be
decorated with bridles and bailing twine. I'll save
that for the family room.
16. I will wash my truck as often as I wash the
horses.
17. I will not use the exercise bike as a saddle
rack.
18. When I uncover the exercise bike and find new
homes for the blankets and saddles it is holding, I
will ride it.
 9. I resolve to completely ignore all of the above
resolutions this year to take enough time to actually
RIDE/DRIVE my horse and stop grousing about not doing
it enough.

Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]