This message is from: "Pat Holland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sophie
You are far to modest in what you present as the gene pool you and Howard
brought to North America.

Besides the Rei Halsnaes and Plutonikk lines. You carry the bloodlines of
Ernarson which is even more rare, not to mention Havstad, Tunar, Briggen,
Toddy, Halskovs Gry, Kvestur, Heino, Mosby, Illiano, Kalypso, Halstor,
Lestor, Nordal, Inco Helgas Jarl, Kanada King, King Harold, Edvard, Ask,
Froy, Ashild, Gnist, Gjestarson, Thorvald I, King Haakon, Grabb and my all
time favorite Drageset.

Certainly the gene pool in North America is far from "limited" as a member
of this list might have suggested.

I'm so glad you brought up Kastengardens Fernando, Sophie,  because it
brings this conversation  full circle, back to what Patti Walter said about
bloodlines in the first place. Bloodlines do tell - We chose the Rei
Halsnaes line after seeing the picture of Reiulf off the Dutch cover
website. The same picture is still there today. Showing his enormous ability
over a good size fence. Rei Halsnaes equals athleticism and refinement. As I
have nick named -"cookie-cutter"  - Just as the Rokida, Anvil's Acre's and
Fair Acre's prefix represents an extraordinary disposition and trainability.

I too give Sandy North much credit and accolades in her work trying to get
the record book out and about for us all to use.And thank you for telling us
there are 12 evaluations not documented for general use. Perhaps this is the
time to address paying someone to do this - perhaps from the foundation
monies, so that the membership can utilize what the evaluation program tells
us -  in a timely manner.

I will reiterate my original thoughts on how important it is that as
breeders you know what your breeding for and when you sell these horses you
sell them to people as an appropriate match.  It is the responsibility of
breeders not only to the breed in general, but for the individual horse
itself and to the people whom buy your horses.

With respect to all
Pat Holland