This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all, I haven't the time at the moment (and I really shouldn't be
reading or posting to the List now, as I am supposed to be at work!), but
if someone does have the time to research into the List archives to see
what the dates were every year that folks would start reporting the
shedding occurance, I think it would be kinda neat. Is there a pattern,
an average date? Then, if we got really elaborate, we could see how it
matched up to weather patterns and events...Gee, can you tell I would
rather be anywhere than work right now??!! Hey Jean E. or Marsha Jo, this
has your name's written all over it!

Btw, my outdoor, non-stabled ponies are just starting the shedding thing.
We have had 8"-10" of snow on the ground for over 2.5 weeks now, and over
the past 8 days, nothing but freezing fog, which creates what the locals
refer to as poconip, where every physical thing that projects into the
fog, wire, hair, tree branches, is covered in a delicate covering of fine
ice. Very pretty when the sun rises up behind it, truly a rare event here
these days. Please send sun someone!

Btw Ruthie, I am going to go back and read the article you posted re.
shrinking the gentic pool w/ over-intensive selective breeding. Looks
very interesting; I am really enjoying all of the posts concerning usage
of Eval. results, especially Phil's.

Kmac