This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, Loki and I did our first "unsupervised" open ride yesterday.   Felt
good!  He's starting to settle (not quit so jumpy) and with that, I'm  also
relaxing more in the saddle.  We rode in a 40 acres open prairie area  by our
lonesomes - the first time out of a round pen, that wasn't under the  trainer's
tutoring eye.      :-)

I bought Loki last June.  He's a lesson horse from a driving clinic
(McNabbs) up in Wyoming.  However, green to the saddle and very jumpy  without
his
equine harness buddy strapped to his side.  So, working on his  saddle skills
and
helping to build his confidence so he can trail ride alone  (without others
around) too.  The trainer is also helping to restore my  somewhat rocked
confidence - after Loki crushed my foot (spooking accident),  I've been jumpy
around
him.  Something that's not normal for me.  Been  trail riding for 8 yrs - but
he really shook me up.

So, had to share this little triumph, with other horsie  folks!        :-)

Sher in CO