This message is from: Tamara Rousso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Brigid - I know what you mean about feeling sorry for the cat. Unfortunately we would either be feeling sorry for the cat or one of the dogs or the mule. Nature just isn't pretty sometimes. We have a coyote problem around here and I've lost several animals to them. I just shrugged my shoulders and said "oh, well, that's living with wild animals" UNTIL one of them got my almost 14 year old dog that was mostly blind and deaf. I saved the dog, but had to have him euthanized. Let me tell you I bawled and bawled. After that I decided that on my land it is my job to protect my critters. I still feel conflicted though, but I just feel so bad for letting my little dog down.

tamara